Disable Security Services in windows 11 – Easy Methods
- Disable Security at the end of August 2020, Microsoft announced the news that the Disable Anti Spyware policy would no longer work.
- Previously, using it, you could disable Windows Defender 10. Now, after adding such a parameter to the Windows registry, the Windows Security application will not be disabled. The parameter is removed on reboot.
- Likewise, when you enable the appropriate policy in the Local Group Policy Editor, Windows Defender is not disabled.
- In the video and text, we will show you two simple ways to disable the built-in Microsoft antivirus.
- There are two main types of disabling the Defender. Temporary and permanent.
- Suppose you just need to download one-time file in which Defender sees a threat. Or, for example, you want to install some kind of program that requires disabling anti-virus protection.
Temporarily Disable Security the Defender
- In this case, it will be quite enough for you to temporarily disable the Defender.
- Temporary shutdown can be done manually. To do this, you need to open the Windows Security component. Surely you have a Defender icon in your system tray. You can quickly open the Defender by simply clicking on it.
- The Windows Security window opens.
- In the Defender window, you need to click on the large icon with a shield. Or the small one in the vertical menu on the left.
- In the Virus and threat protection window, we find the Virus and threat protection settings. Click on the Manage settings link.
- In the opened parameters window, the first engine, Real-time protection, switch to the left position.
- Thus, we have disabled real-time protection. The Windows Security component itself continues to work. You can check this by looking at the tray icon. At the same time, it looks like this: Now you can do your dirty work. Antivirus will not interfere. After the deed is done, you can turn on the defender manually. To do this, just click on the tray icon again.
- In the Security Brief window, click the Enable button.
- If you do not do this, Microsoft Antivirus will turn on automatically after you restart your computer. Or after a while, without rebooting.
- Attention ! I did not record this video because I recommend that everyone turn off Windows Defender. On the contrary, for most users, especially beginners, Microsoft antivirus is fine. It helps to protect your computer from malicious objects very well.
- This video is for those who, for one reason or another, want to disable Windows Defender and are looking for instructions on how to do it correctly.
- Some of these reasons, I mentioned at the very beginning.
Disable Security Windows Defender permanently
- If you want to disable Windows Security for a longer period, or permanently, then other methods will help.
- More recently, in the summer of 2020, it was possible to do this using the Disable AntiSpyware policy. This could be done both in the Group Policy Editor and in the Windows registry.
- At the end of August 2020, Microsoft announced the news that the Disable AntiSpyware policy would no longer work.
Disabling Windows Security in Defender Control
- Defender Control is a small free utility in Any language. She disables the Defender at the touch of a button.
- I click. Do not press the green button. The download will start automatically. I minimize the browser and open Downloads.
- The archive has been downloaded. This is a regular zip, so it can be opened using normal system tools. If you have an archiver installed, you can use it.
- Right click on the archive, select Extract All from the menu. Here I click Extract.
- I will close this window. I open the folder into which the archive was unpacked. Another one inside, I open it. Inside the Defender Control application itself and the settings file.
- I launch the application. In the User Account Control window, click Yes. I will close the Explorer.
- This is the main window of this small Defender Control utility. English is enabled by default. Let’s turn on the Any language language. To do this, I press the Menu button …
- I point to Languages> select Any language in the additional menu. Done, the program is in Any language.
- As I said, working with the program is simple. One button for Disable Windows Defender, the other for Enable.
To see the process of disabling the Defender more clearly, I will open it. In the previous example, we did this by clicking on the tray icon. The utility has a special Security Center button. I click.
I would like to draw your attention to the title. Microsoft has renamed Windows Defender for quite some time now. It’s now called: Windows Security.
Most users refer to it by the old name. And on the utility buttons, we also see Windows Defender. That is, Windows Security and Windows Defender are one and the same.
So, I click on the shield icon. here, in the Virus and other threats protection settings menu, it says that No action is required. That is, the Defender is on and working.
I press the button: Disable Windows Defender. The utility blushed. In the Defender’s menu, we see the following text: The threat management service has been stopped. Restart it.
We will not restart it. If you press the back arrow and press the shield icon again, we see that the text has changed: There is no active vendor of the antivirus program. The device is vulnerable. That is, Windows Defender is disabled.
And above, in red: Virus and threat protection settings are managed by your organization. This indicates that the utility, through a policy, disabled some parameters. In this case, it’s Windows Defender.
The Defender icon in the tray is also gone.
Now you can close the utility, restart your computer, shut down, and then turn it back on. The defender won’t work.