Message Center: What it is, how to turn off the service
Read instructions on how to turn off messaging in Windows 10, remove the notification center icon from the notification area, or configure the messaging operating system. Windows 10 has a built-in feature for displaying messages from installed applications and system components.
Messages are displayed on the computer desktop by clicking on the message centre icon located in the notification area at the bottom right of the desktop. Messages are displayed on the operating system through the Windows 10 Message Center.
Windows Message Centre displays messages and actions from installed programs, applications, and Windows components from the operating system. Any important message coming from the app or system displayed in the notification center reminds the user of the need to perform a certain action, or displays information about the operation performed.
For example, when the operating system downloads Windows Update in the background (for information on how to disable Windows 10 updates, read on), a notification message will appear in the notification center and a suggestion to restart the computer to use the update in the operating system.
The antivirus operation clicked on the dangerous link, information about it will appear in the notification center.
The program has performed some operation, the message centre will be added to the message. Not all programs communicate with the messaging centre, from there you can remove signals from unnecessary programs and perform so-called. Configure “Quick Actions”.
I think receiving messages is a useful feature of Windows, but some users are annoyed by receiving such messages. Therefore, I will talk about how I configure to receive messages and how to disable the message center in the operating system.
Configure Windows Message Center
It is better to configure receiving notifications than to completely disable the notification center in Windows 10.
To open and configure message centre settings in Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Start” menu, click “Settings”.
- In the Settings window, select the System section.
- In the list of options, click the “Messages and Actions” button.
Select the desired settings.
Here you can arrange banners for quick action, which are displayed at the bottom of the sidebar of the message center opening. Quick Actions helps the user to quickly get certain system settings.
If necessary, change the banners for specific quick actions, using the left mouse button to click on their place.
In the “Messages” section you can configure more details about receiving messages in the operating system.
If necessary, turn off unnecessary settings:
- Receive messages from applications and other sender.
- Display messages on the lock screen.
- Display reminders and incoming VoIP calls on the screen.
- Hide messages while duplicating my screen.
- Display the Windows Welcome screen after updates and occasional logins to be notified of new features and offers.
- Get tips, tricks, and tricks when using Windows.
In the “Receive messages from these senders” section, users can flexibly configure receiving messages from specific applications.
To turn off notifications, switch to the “Off” position opposite the desired program.
In order to receive messages from certain programs on the contrary, the switch must be in the “enabled” state.
To complete a specific program, left-click on it, then open a window to change the required settings.
How to Disable Windows 10 Message Center
You can disable receiving messages from the Windows Messaging Centre directly from the notification area on your desktop. To do this, right-click on the message center icon located in the system tray.
Choose the option you want or several options:
- Turn on do not disturb.
- Do not show application icons.
- Do not show the number of new messages.
How to Remove Windows 10 Message Center from Message Zone
You can simply remove the message centre icon from the notification area by changing the operating system settings. There will be no icon – messages from the notification center will not be displayed.
- Go to the Start menu, then to Settings.
- In the “Windows Settings” window, open the “Personalization” section.
- Click the “Work Card” section.
- In the “Message area” setting, select “Enable or disable system icons.”
- In the on / off system icons, drag the switch to off, opposite the message center.
After that, the Windows Message Centre icon will disappear from the notification area.
To enable the display of the Windows 10 Message Center icon in the notification area, perform a similar operation, at the end of which, drag the switch to the “On” position.
How to Disable Windows 10 Message Center Command Line Online Forever
Using the command line, the user can disable messages in the operating system and delete the Windows 10 Message Centre icon.
Follow these sequential steps:
- Press “Win” + “R”.
- In the “Run” window, enter the phrase: “regedit” (without citation) in the “Open” field, then click “OK”. After that, the Registry Editor window will open.
- Navigate to the Registry Editor window:
There may not be an Explorer section in this registry branch. So create this section. To do this, right-click in the Registry Editor window. In the context menu, select “Create” \ u003d \ u003e “Section”. Name the Explorer section (without quotes). \ U003e
- In the “Explorer” section, click the empty space button and select “Create” \ u003d \ u003e “DWORD setting (32-bit)”.
- Name the parameter “DisableNotificationCenter” (without quotes).
- Right-click on the “DisableNotificationCenter” option, select “Change …” in the context menu.
- In the “Change DWORD (32-bit)” window, enter “1” (without quotes) in the “Value” field, and then click “OK”.
- Restart the computer.
After that, the message center icon will disappear from the notification area.
How to enable Message Center in Windows 10, Registry Editor
To enable Windows Message Centre in Registry Editor, follow these steps:
- Enter Registry Editor, follow the path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \\ Program \\ Policy \\ Microsoft \\ Windows \\ Explorer
- Click the “DisableNotificationCenter” option and select “Change …” in the context menu.
- In the “Change DWORD (32-bit)” window, enter “0” (without quotes) in the “Value” field, and then click “OK”.
- Restart the computer.
Windows 10 Message Centre will still appear in the notification area.
Disable the notification center in the local group policy editor
Note that only older versions of the operating system in Windows 10 have access to the local group policy editor: Professional (Pro) and Corporate (Enterprise). Therefore, users of younger versions of the operating system will have to use command line or OS settings to turn off the signals.
To turn off Windows 10 Message Center in the Local Group Policy Editor, do the following:
- Press the arrow keys “Win” + “R”.
- In the “Run” window, enter the phrase: “gpedit.msc” (without quotes) in the “Open” field, then click “OK”.
- In “Local Computer Policy”, enter the section “User Configuration”, then “Administrative Templates”.
- Double-click the left mouse button to “Start menu” and “Message area”.
- Find the “Delete Messages and Messages Icon” item by double-clicking on it with the left mouse button.
- In the “Delete messages and message centre icon” window, activate the “On” value and then click “OK”.
- Restart the computer.
The Windows 10 Message Centre icon will disappear from the notification area.
If you need to re-enable the message centre icon screen in the notification area, do the same in the Local Group Policy Editor window. Select the value “Not specified”, click “OK”, restart the computer.